Getting Started Checklist
In preparation for building your new Chapter and/or Council site on new Trout Unlimited website TU.org we have compiled a brief list of suggested content items. In order to make our time together productive, please take some time to work within your chapter to gather this content prior to scheduling your site deployment training call.
Starting content for building your new chapter/council site.
- 12 or more unique, good quality photos of members, places, and events.
- Contact information and general chapter/council “About Us” content
- Meeting and Event details - address, time, and location
- Blog posts, ideally you should have 3 to 5 ready to go
- Project profiles to highlight conservation
- Message board topics
- Home Waters information
- Chapter Newsletters
- Your club avatar or image that can be used for the thumbnail image on your group page (200 x 200 pixels)
- Your main contact email address to be added to the new Chapter/Council website
- Social media links to your chapter/councils Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pintrest, etc.
Example Chapter sites on the new.tu.org
As you can see from the test sites, you will have access to several tools to help promote your chapter/council activities. All of these tools will be easily editable from your web browser. You'll also have a few different template designs and color schemes to pick from to make your site unique.
Please email Doug when you have gathered all this content and we will work together to schedule your training session.